link#FREEBASSEL campaiugn website
Bassel is ALIVE.
Join us to create an activity, event or even a party to celebrate the great work and ongoing life of Bassel. We challenge other leaders of the free internet and open web to create events to make #FREEBASSEL t-shirts, release #FREEBASSEL software, put up #FREEBASSEL posters in your city, to make food together or even to throw a party at a local bar with #FREEBASSEL images and songs playing. Have a cheers for #FREEBASSEL and tweet the picture of your group publicly in your local language.
#FREEBASSEL = #FREEINTERNET
By freeing Bassel, you help to free the Internet. Joining the global movement is simple. List your city below, use the #FREEBASSELDAY hashtag on Twitter, Instagram and other social networks, set a goal for what you will do on this day and spread the word! For those community leaders out there like Bassel, pick an activity, a location for people in your community to meetup and make known the time for the gathering to your community. Then, let's all have a global #FREEBASSELDAY.
The 2nd Anniversary of Syrian Uprising and #FREEBASSELDAY
If this event is successful we will #FREEBASSEL. Setup your event with an idea 1/2 below, and have your community #FREEBASSEL:
* Update Bassel's Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bassel_Khartabil
* Translate Bassel's Wikipedia entry into your own language
* Make our event global: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_15
* Make #FREEBASSEL t-shirts from the FREEBASSEL Avatar: http://freebassel.org
* Print out #FREEBASSEL Posters, and put them up all over your city
* Take pictures of your meeting raising your cups to #FREEBASSEL
* Create #FREEBASSEL artwork
* Write a #FREEBASSEL song
* Make a video to #FREEBASSEL, post on the web
* Write a blog-post or news article about #FREEBASSELDAY
* Release software into the public domain dedicated to #FREEBASSELDAY
* Release audio, video, image and texts dedicated to #FREEBASSELDAY
#FREEBASSEL is a campaign to bring about the safe and immediate release of Bassel Khartabil from wrongful detainment in Syria since March 2012. He is a well known contributor to global software and culture communities like Creative Commons, Mozilla Firefox, Wikipedia, Open Clip Art Library, Fabricatorz, and Sharism. He is missed by these communities, his family, friends and loved ones. The campaign says, "We will not stop campaigning for him until we see him as a free global citizen once again."
For more information
* Organizing Page: http://freebasselday.org
* Official Website: http://freebassel.org
* Press Release: http://freebassel.org/events/2013/03/15/free-bassel-day/
Press Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org